Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review - Night Owl by M. Pierce (The Night Owl Trilogy #1)




Synopsis

At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano is a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.

Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...

Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah. Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable.




My 5 Star Review

This book was absolutely amazing.
A diamond in the rough really.

When I first saw it was labeled as 'erotica' with 'bdsm' elements. I thought I pretty much had it panned. The rich, alpha male hero. Shy, virginal acting Heroine.
But I was completely wrong. I labeled this wrong, but really, how can you blame me. I love erotic novels, but there are some plots that are completely used up. I didn't want another dud. So I was going to wait. See how everyone else got on with it. Wait for the second part, because of the Cliffy. I'm so glad I didn't.

I have no idea what everyone is talking about. This book is NOTHING like fsog. I've read a ton of bdsm books and this one for me stood on it's own.

"Again and again we went there together—tumbling over the raw edge, touching the live wire, collapsing, exploding, dissolving like dead stars."

The writing. Wow, I was speechless. It flowed so effortlessly. It was the best written book in erotica I have ever read. The point of view was duel. My favorite thing about the book though, was being able to be inside of the Hero's head. He's damaged, sad, and lost most of the book. But when he was with our Heroine, Hannah, he was completely captivating. He became someone else; Dominating, sexy, smart. I couldn't get enough of him.

"Matt's smirks came in flavors- two parts kindness, one part wicked amusement, a little lust in the mix. Oh, and one hundred percent smug bastard."

I loved Hannah. She wasn't a shy virginal mess. She made decision by thinking them out. She was smart and caring, but also had a backbone. I could understand her reasoning behind the decisions she made. Even though they pissed me off something royally. That was the point. She couldn't stay away from Matt. From the very fist time talking to him, she was entranced, completely. (how could she not be?) They were electric together. Imho, the sex scenes were original. Yes, there was a little blindfold and ONE scene with a belt, but how they were written and how Matt delivered, was unlike any other. HOT.

"My thoughts drifted back over all the way's he touched me. My ass, my breasts, my sex. God, I loved the way he handled me, like he had a right to my body. Like I was his. I loved his voice, demanding, dictating, demeaning, and, in the end, desperate.."

The book did end on a Cliffy, as I said above. But it ended nicely, I think. I wasn't left thinking, "WTF?" The Epilogue is what leads you into the next book, which I hope will be released early !









No comments:

Post a Comment